Eastmans’ Hunting and Bowhunting Journals are dedicated to you – our members. Part of our purpose is to give hunters the chance to share their success stories and tips with other hunters, as they make up a significant part of each issue. We strive to help our audience become more skilled, ethical hunters and expand their knowledge, appreciation and awareness of the outdoors and its wildlife.
Every year, nearly 1.5 million western, big game hunters take to the field in pursuit of a trophy and every year we receive hundreds of stories vying for the opportunity to be read by our 225,000-plus readers in a limited space. Read the following guidelines carefully to improve your chances of being selected for one of those coveted spots. Also keep in mind; if you’re chosen for publication, you’ll get some great gear too.
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your hunting experiences and possibly the crowning achievement of your hunting career with Eastmans’ members. Hunt hard, hunt often and remember fair chase is the only way to hunt and take big game.
Wishing You Continued Success,
Editor-In-Chief ~ Eastmans’ Hunting Journals
Eastmans’ evaluates stories by assigning ratings on (1) photo quality, (2) trophy quality and (3) story quality. Stories with the best combined rating are the most likely to be published as feature stories. Others may appear in the Successful Trophy Hunters, Younger Generation, My DIY or on our website or social media outlets.
Eastmans’ Story Policy
1. All stories must be consistent with the Eastmans’ policy of fair chase hunting. Submissions found in violation will not be published.
2. Word count for feature submissions is to be 1,200 – 1,500 words. Stories longer than that will be edited down or returned to the author for revision.
3. Eastmans’ will not publish cursing, bragging, references to alcohol or any material that may be offensive to other readers.
4. Try not to promote companies or products, although the guide, outfitter, or landowner’s name may be mentioned. If a product was used on the hunt, it may be put on the Equipment List form.
5. The Equipment List form should be completed and included with your feature story. This list gives your contact info and a chance to learn a bit more about you.
Submit your stories to: firstname.lastname@example.org